Supplying batteries since 1952

History

Manbat is a name that has been heard within the aftermarket for as long as anyone can remember, and the company’s reputation for quality products and good old fashioned service remains as strong today as it was in 1952, when the business was founded. Originally named Manchester Batteries when Harry Pemberton started trading from Turnpike Cottages in Abergele, North Wales, the business remained in the Pemberton family until 2009. During that period the company grew steadily, establishing itself as business committed to providing its customers with top quality products that are supported by exceptional customer service. In 2009 Roger Pemberton retired as Manbat’s managing director and Steve Sheppard took the helm as the company started a new era under the ownership of the Eco-Bat Technologies group.

 

 

As part of this global organisation, Manbat has been able to expand its operation even more rapidly and add new elements to the business that have continued to benefit its customers. Two notable examples include its move into a 3,000m2 distribution centre in Shrewsbury, which has ensured excellent product availability, and the acquisition of Battery Power Systems Ltd, and Powercell both nationwide industrial battery specialists that have brought a new customer base to the company and opened additional opportunities to those wishing to expand their existing battery specialism.