Supplying batteries since 1952

How do I return my scrap batteries to Manbat?

Written on October 25, 2013 at 8:39 am

How do I return my scrap batteries to Manbat?

The Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2011 require that you must be registered with the Environment Agency as a producer of hazardous waste, if you produce more than 500kg of hazardous waste per annum. Examples of hazardous waste are batteries, fluorescent tubes, oil filters, tyres, waste engine oil etc. The current registration cost is £18 per site, once registration has been carried out you will be issued with a premises code, this must be quoted when requesting waste collections.

You must telephone your local Manbat branch and they will request you complete a ‘Request for Scrap Battery Collection – Haz Form 2’ and return to the branch. We can make regular, small collections from your site; alternatively if you have the necessary storage space, we can provide a specific waste battery container for bulk collections (this is subject to a minimum scrap volume).

Manbat can assist you with your Environmental compliance and carry out the registrations on your behalf; we will manage this on going to ensure that you remain compliant. Manbat charges £25 for annual fees to make sure you are fully complaint. If you would like this service, please complete and return a ‘Hazardous Waste Registration Request – ‘Haz Form 1’.

When the batteries have been collected you will be issued with a hazardous waste consignment note, this must be retained for 3 years in the event that the Environment Agency require proof that you have legally arranged disposal of your hazardous waste.

Go Back